I regularly provide coaching services to faculty who are looking for a collaborative, problem-solving process that helps implement and sustain key changes in their professional lives. Faculty coaching is an individualized, solution-focused method that supports you in defining and achieving your goals while effectively negotiating the institutional challenges of life on the tenure-track.
Individual Coaching Helps Faculty to:
- Identify research, writing, and teaching goals
- Negotiate conflicts and effectively maneuver around institutional challenges
- Develop and maintain more successful and satisfying professional relationships
- Manage pressure and stress
- Forge a more satisfying and productive work life
Faculty who are members of a socially marginalized group (e.g., people of color, women, sexual minorities), may find individual coaching particularly helpful in dealing with the common pressures of:
- Feeling devalued and dismissed in the university context
- Facing pressure to constantly “prove themselves”
- Having their opinions and ideas marginalized
- Encountering exclusion from inner circles and informal networks critical to professional success
- Feeling over-burdened with extra service-related requests and demands
- Consistently facing subtle biases and discrimination while struggling to find effective ways to challenge colleagues and power-brokers
How Does Coaching Work?
- Faculty have an initial consultation to establish their goals and concerns.
- The coach and faculty member agree on a weekly meeting time.
- Each week, faculty call in (via telephone) for a 45 minute individualized session.
- During the session, faculty review their previous weeks progress, discuss problems and concerns that arose the previous week, and strategize on solutions for the upcoming week.
- Coaches listen, help clients devise solutions to particular problems, and hold them accountable for following through on their action-plans.
We are committed to your privacy. Do not include confidential or private information regarding your health condition in this form or any other form found on this website. This form is for general questions or messages to the practitioner.
By clicking send you agree that the phone number you provided may be used to contact you (including autodialed or pre-recorded calls). Consent is not a condition of purchase.